Zimmermania

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Turtle Sweaters


I have been knitting for a little over three years now and I love Zimmerman. Her approach is empowering and her designs are genius.
Figuring out how to post photos took precious knitting time but at least now I can share what I made. For some reason I could only post four photos at a time so I will end up posting my projects separately.


Here are the turtle sweaters I made for my husband and sons this Christmas. They are all saddle shoulders a la Zimmerman and the turtle pattern is from Walker. I used Mountain Mohair from the Green Mountain Spinnery - the yarn is lovely.The pattern really show up in the black and white.









The boy's sweater in the blocking process.

















Sweaters in action.



















The pink sweater is inspired by the hoodie in Stitch and Bitchbut is Zimmerman's set in sleeve design. It is beautiful.I used Alchemy yarn.

4 Comments:

  • I am on a Mac, and the photos don't show up for me....hmmmmm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • Sorry, Annie - they're not showing up on my PC either. If you need to ask questions about uploading photos, you can email me: ky@pobox.com

    Your sweaters sound nice :-) .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

  • Hope to see the pictures soon, I can vouch for the cuteness of the models!

    By Blogger Cirilia, at 9:41 PM  

  • No photos here either. I wonder if there is some problem with Blogger lately since there have been other posts that I can't see pictures either.

    By Blogger MJ, at 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home