Zimmermania

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gotcha'

( Hi folks, i reposted this today as my pictures went a little haywire. Sorry for the repetition. )


Last night I ambushed T when he was freshly showered to get some shots of the shirt yoke sweater. He was a really good sport and he professed his genuine like of the sweater, stating "I would actually wear this..." which is gratifying considering what goes into a handknit. I think this is the most flattering of styles for any man, the shoulder area is really accented and enhanced by the lines of the sweater. The previous post raved about the simplicity of the design so I will not repeat myself. Sorry for the picture heavy post, but I just thought he looked so handsome in it. Am I right ladies? (Who here watches the Ellen show?). A few little facts: Knit on US 6 needles with the now discontinued Rowan Tweed in Charcoal (or some name like that, I tend to toss the ball bands.) Not wet blocked as the stitches were pretty even and the shoulder decreases came together well. I recommend paying attention to your decreases, pull them a little tighter to avoid gaping holes. Um, that is about it. Enjoy all those great EZ projects that are shaping up so nicely.



Just a little teaser...I finished the baby Denim Pants from LMKG, one pair is washed the other is not. I will post pictures of the pants soon because they are spectacularly adorable. I think they will be much cuter when donned by the beans but, alas, we will wait with bated breath until that time. Here is a bonus pic of daddy-to-be checking out my handiwork. He loves these pants and wants a pair himself. I think not. Making baby clothes is ten times better than playing doll dress up. I mean, I was not big on the doll thing as a girl (Stawberry Shortcake was my girl, though). Baby clothes are in a league of their own, with the proportions and ease of finishing. Much more to come...i promise. Now onward to Lace Completion as I have a deadline for the POW shawl.

11 Comments:

  • it is a very nice fit. glad you posted again. mine came out too short or actually i think the reciepients belly width is much different than his chest. blimey. so i will rip and the lovely hem will not be as lovely any longer.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:56 PM  

  • Your man looks magnificent in that spendid sweater! Thanks for the re-post, it was worth the wait!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 PM  

  • I meant splendid...the sweater is SPLENDID, not spendid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • LMKG? I am unfamiliar with the title. Could you please post it? I must have the pattern for the denim pants for my new grandbaby! Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • Looks great! I might even try making one for a teenaged boy who lives in my house (OK, I gave birth to him almost 15 years ago, and now he's a good 8 or 9 inches taller than me). Glad you took the time to re-post. And congratulations on your upcoming "blessed event"!

    By Blogger Julie, at 9:21 AM  

  • hi melissa...the book is last minute knitted gifts and it is a great addition to any knitting collection. i think i would actually knit every pattern in it if i had the yarn/time.

    By Blogger mames, at 9:40 AM  

  • Really gorgeous--classic and comfy looking - the fit is amazing!

    How many skeins did you use? I have some of this lovely discontinued yarn (in delicious brown, though), but am not sure if I have enough to knit an entire sweater for my hubby.

    Thanks. And kudos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • oh and adding a little bit music to your blog. tom waits is very highly regarded here. it it good to sit and listen to orphans and listening to the man. maybe best for ripping up. :-)) and to every one who wants to knit babies' jeans there is the cutest pattern on knitty.com as well. knitted jeans with all the trimmings...

    By Blogger knititch, at 11:42 AM  

  • Hi! Where did you find the pattern for the man's sweater? Thanks!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • Thank you, Mames! It's going on my wish list right away! Those pants are too cute and practical to boot! May you have a healthy, pleasant, uneventful pregnancy and a short, easy labor with a healthy, handsome, happy babe to show for your efforts!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

  • for altobarb...i used 8 1/2 skeins of the now discontinued rowan tweed yarn. the rough measurements of the sweater for t are 38" body circumference with 17" body length and 19" sleeve length to armpit. you can see my previous post for more pattern notes. thanks for compliments, knit on, EZers!

    By Blogger mames, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home